Sunday, February 6, 2011

Not much

going on. I haven't really been coding anything. Started a C++ wrapper for SDL (1.3/hg), but I don't think I'll continue it.
Thought about making a terrain generator, but I kinda lack the motivation.

I've been following the events in Egypt the past week via the Al Jazeera English webstream. I'm really amazed, both by how long the people are holding on and how slowly the president reacts.


I've had a quite sudden and random urge to go jogging today. I took my MP3-Player along (there are actually just 3 MP3s on there, 2 remixes and one Song that was publicized as MP3 only; around 17GB of FLACs make up the actual music collection :)) and planned try jogging for 30 minutes. I really have no idea where my limit is, so I though that sounds appropriate.


Every Thursday I regularly ride my bike to a certain building where the DRK OV Dieburg (the local German Red Cross society) holds its weekly meetings. That takes me about 10 minutes and once, when I accidentally forgot my keys, already closed the door and nobody was home, I jogged there and it took about 30 minutes.
So, while jogging some way I thought about doing that again, taking a small pause and then jog back home. Perhaps I could do it again the following Thursday and right now I'll just test how well that plan would go.


So with a little detour I arrived there taking 25 minutes. At first I thought about jogging in circles or up and down for 5 more minutes, but I felt so good that I decided to jog right back home, without a pause on a different route.
That route still would not be the most efficient way home, but be a little shorter and since I was already going for a while I suspected that I've became slower and perhaps when arriving home I might have been jogging for 60 straight minutes (well, with minor interruptions which after I finished turned out to be one traffic light and three times nose wiping (I've been sick three weeks ago, now it's mostly gone; I also couldn't donate blood a few days ago for that reason :()).


Though as I was almost home my watch told me that I've been jogging for just 45 minutes. I thought, well I didn't do half the job, now I certainly won't do three quarters of it; I'm going to jog for a whole hour.
Now I did circles, each taking about two minutes. After the third I thought about quitting, but I pulled though. While I was in the second last round I even sped up and finally after the eighth round it was enough.

I guess I could have gone on some time longer, but you probably know how it is with those endurance exercises. At some point it's just enough and it slowly becomes boring.


The route I jogged was about 10.75km, that means my average speed was about 3m/s. I guess that's pretty okay.
Also, the music I've been listening to had mostly 145BPM (1x140, 1x146, 1x143 and 6x145 according to the album cover), which was very good in sync with my jogging. The album I've listened to was my recently acquired IM the Supervisor by my currently probably favorite band Infected Mushroom if anyone cares.

No comments: