Sunday, May 9, 2010

Plans

It felt like it is time for a new blogpost, but nothing particularly interesting happened, so I though I'd just write you my plans for the next few days or so.

As you might now, I wanna slap Lubuntu on my Laptop. The stable beta was released, but only the x86 version though I want my full x64 power. I commented on their release-post but it remained un-answered (apart from some anon who told me that the x86 version runs on x64 processors, which would not be correct for Intels IA64 btw).

chaotika suggested to download the Ubuntu DVD as you can apparently still install a minimal Ubuntu with it, so I did. Thus my plan is yet again to try out U-lite.


But before this, I wanna get my Sudoku-program in a running and playable state. It actually is, but Mono has not completely implemented System.Windows.Forms and my mother, for whom I am writing this, has a Macintosh with OSX.

Since I moved form MonoDevelop to SharpDevelop (which runs just fine btw) I discontinued using Gtk# in favor of System.Windows.Forms, since SharpDevelop has no built-in Gtk#-Designer and Glade decided not to run.

So yeah, C# is actually pretty sleek as I already stated. Here's a screenie of said Sudoku-program:


Currently I'm moving my logic-code to a library and then I'll make a GUI using Gtk# without a fancy designer. Not too much work in that small GUI anyways.

Current features include Saving and Loading, Undo and Redo, basic error-checking and of course laying in numbers. You can either use the radio-buttons below or use the number-keys. You can also place in numbers in bold or italic (e.g. for given numbers and guessed numbers).

Plans include localisation via text-files and possibly Sudoku-creation and Sudoku-solving (thus also just giving a hint ;)).

No comments: